The Man Who Shadowed Me: A tribute to fatherhood

Thursday, February 10, 2011

| | |
I told you about Lucky, my two and half year old cousin, my hero.

today i saw something that stuck me so hard.
my uncle(Lucky's father) was washing fish before cooking it. they the cheap, fished ones. Lucky was all around his father, calling him, helping him, excited, energetic. seeing him made me wonder: what was making him so excited about that job? was he excited because he was a kid, and was curios to see something new? Nay.
he was excited about fish washing job, because his father was doing that.
I could bet even if the he was called to ice cream or chocolate factory, or was taken to build the next spaceship, he would never go. That wasn't what his father doing.

For every kid, by the age of 5-6, his father is the hero of the world -- must have yours too, or still is: the strongest, most powerful, most intelligent person of the world, who can do anything. -- to that child everything that his father says is the divine truth. if his father taught him 2+2=6, then he is going to believe that. if teacher says 2+2=4 then she is crazy, fool; his father told him something else. I thought my papa knows all the answers of the all the questions in the world. he was my hero.

but then i grew up. i couldn't agree too everything he said. now is the case that we are pols apart. i pine his approval and he pines mine. both know its not possible, so prefer not to talk.

I understand how tough it is to be an ideal father: perhaps, the most difficult task in the world for the man.
No matter what i Achieve in my life,the proudest day of my life would be when my son turns 20 and you ask him, "who is your ideal? Who do you want to become like?" and he, despite all the great souls like SRK, Ambani, Gates, Gandhi, or Lincon, answers: "I want to be like my papa." And when my Daughter says: "My husband should be like my papa." just the thought of it makes me so proud and revert back at my life. hope my son doesn't look down at me, and my Daughter never hesitates to share her gossips with me when they grow young. Amen

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
I m a Writer and Filmmaker. I like to those kind of films that deal with human's basic evil instincts and emotions like: Jealousy, lust, temptation, desire, greed, ambition, hatred, love, vengeance etc. Just want to create those films and novels that 300 years later when a guy sees or read my work he says: "hey, whose that guy? His film/ novel completely boggled me" Because the best way to happiness is DOING WHAT YOU LOVE TO DO.